1. We don’t need it.
2. Glen Beck lives in there.
3. The average American sees over 3,000 advertising messages a day, and we don’t want to be average Americans.
4. With Hulu, Netflix, and our new Roku Box, we can still watch our favorite shows—Lost, 30 Rock, The Office, Modern Family, Fareed Zakaria, Christian Amanpour, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Mythbusters—only without the ads and on our own time.
5. When we watch football at my parent’s house, we get steak.
6. We already know too much about “Speidi.”
7. Couples without a TV in the bedroom apparently get more sex and more sleep. We like sex and sleep.
8. The money we normally spend on TV each year can be better spent.
9. The time we normally spend on TV each year can be better spent.
10. Did I mention that neither of us has a 9-5 job?
What measures have you taken to keep the TV from running your life?
© 2010 All rights reserved.
Copying and republishing this article on other Web sites without written permission is prohibited.