By way of introduction to Shawn Smucker’s fantastic post last week, I casually mentioned that I’d be accepting guest posts for the blog. After a few hours away from the computer, I returned to find my email, twitter, and Facebook accounts bulging with requests for more information. Guess I shoulda thought about posting some guidelines first!
So here’s what you need to know:
- Guest posts will run on Saturdays.
- Topics may vary, but I’m really looking for stories and reflections that are personal, that give us a sense of who you are and where you are in your journey. I think this will help grow and deepen our little community. (If you aren’t familiar with the blog, please read through past posts to get an idea of what we like to talk about.)
- Try to stick to 300 to 800 words.
- Email me your finished piece. Please copy it into the body of the email. Don’t send it as an attachment.
- I’ve already chosen two amazing posts for the next couple of weeks, so avoid writing something that is time sensitive, as it may take a while to post.
- I reserve the right to edit your post for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- I reserve the right to pass up your post if it’s not a good fit for the blog.
- I reserve the right to illustrate your post with random pictures of monkeys even if they make absolutely no sense with the piece.
Thanks so much for your interest! I look forward to hearing from you.
[UPDATE July, 2012: Rachel is no-longer accepting unsolicited guest posts]
© 2011 All rights reserved.
Copying and republishing this article on other Web sites without written permission is prohibited.