As part of my "year of biblical womanhood", I've dedicated the month of March to the virtue of modesty.
Here’s my dress code for the month:
- Head coverings at all times (Genesis 24:65; 1 Corinthians 11:3-16)
- Modest, loose-fitting skirts or dresses ONLY; no slacks or jeans (Deuteronomy 22:5)
- No jewelry (Isaiah 3:16-26, 1 Peter 3:3-4, 1 Timothy 2:8-15)
- No v-necks (1 Timothy 2:8-15)
- For one week: no makeup (2 Kings 9:30)
And here are some interesting sites I’ve bumped into:
So what first comes to mind when you hear the word "modesty"?
© 2011 All rights reserved.
Copying and republishing this article on other Web sites without written permission is prohibited.