Well, I can hardly believe it, but my little sister Amanda is getting married this weekend!
As the “matron of honor,” (a title that for some reason conjures in my mind the image of a large breasted woman in a peasant dress carrying an armful of babies), my duties for the week will keep me pretty busy. I’d planned to write a lengthy post outlining all the marital advice I’ve accumulated over the last six years, but seeing as I still have to get my hair done, throw a bachelorette party, and work on my toast, I thought I’d keep it short and condense my top ten marriage tips to tweet-sized morsels.
So here, at less than 140 characters each, are my top ten tips for a happy marriage:
1. Maintain your sense of humor through good times and bad, richer or poorer, sickness and health.
2. When mad, avoid using the words “always” and “never.”
3. Pray for each other.
4. Honesty is important, but so is a willingness to let those little annoyances slide and not make a big deal about them.
5. Guys (in general) crave respect. Girls (in general) crave love. Share them both liberally.
6. Have lots of sex.
7. Encourage one another as you pursue both your common dreams and your individual dreams.
8. Give him time to hang out with the guys. Give her time to go out with the girls.
9. Forgive one another by keeping things in perspective. Remember the good times. Remember Jesus. Remember the strength of your partner’s character.
10. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communicate. communica-
What would you add to the list...in 140 characters or less?
© 2009 All rights reserved.
Copying and republishing this article on other Web sites without written permission is prohibited.